Thinking of becoming an Idlers member?
Here's what you need to know.........!
Membership Requirements and Information
- Your vehicle must be 4WD or AWD and for trips of a designated standard, it must have a UHF radio with a permanently mounted aerial and front and rear recovery points.
- New members are encouraged to participate in the annual Simpson Desert crossing trip before undertaking long touring trips through the outback which are graded black.
- Unless an equivalent competence is substantiated, you will need to attend a Club 4WD familiarisation course as soon as possible after joining but within 12 months. Lack of such training would not necessarily exclude you from participating in a Club trip but would be at the discretion of the trip leader.
- On trips we do not allow pets.
- Club membership includes membership of 4WD Victoria.
The application process
- You will need to attend two monthly meetings of the club as a ‘visitor’ (meetings are currecntly held via Zoom while Covid resrictions are in place).
- You will be given a club information brochure and a copy of the club’s Code of Ethics.
- During this time you will need to have an interview/discussion with a Committee member (to allow mutual questions and explanations) as well as with the club’s Training Coordinator (to allow an assessment of your 4WD training requirements).
- At or following your second meeting, you may submit your completed application form.
- A membership covers the applicant as well as a nominated spouse or partner sharing the same vehicle.
- Your application will be considered at the next available Committee meeting.
- You will be advised in writing of the outcome of the Committee’s decision at the earliest opportunity.
- Should your application be approved, as a new member you will receive a name badge(s), Members’ Manual, Trip Handbook, Club Newsletter, Club vehicle sticker and, in due course, FWDVic car sticker and the quarterly FWDVic Trackwatch magazine.
- You will be expected to become familiar with and abide by the provisions of the Members’ Manual and when on a trip, the Trip Handbook.
- Fees are subject to change by determination of the Committee and comprise:
- Joining fee: $150
- Annual membership fee of $70 covers the club year from 1st January to 31st December. ($35 if joining after July)
- The annual membership fee includes affiliation to Four Wheel Drive Victoria and insurance premium.
- Fees should be paid by direct deposit into the club's bank account:
- Account number: 152106084
- Account name: Idlers Four Wheel Drive Club
- When making payments, please include your name and the purpose of the payment (eg A Brown, new member).
Should you have any questions about the Club or the application process, please do not hesitate to speak with the Membership Secretary, click here Membership Secretary